Sunday, August 11, 2019

Queen's Birthday Party at Lodge in Cloudcroft, New Mexico

Saturday, August 10, 2019

Members of the New Mexico Roadrunner Chapter of the Red Hat Society feted their Queen Ladybird aka Carla Kerr at a luncheon and birthday party at the Lodge in Cloudcroft, New Mexico. There were also two guests in attendance, Jan Bond and visiting from Texas, Ann Smith.

I have been telling everyone that I am celebrating my 18th birthday because I've decided to reverse the numbers. Besides, I don't feel a day over 18, well, some days anyway.

They began the festivities with everyone standing to curtsy to the Queen and to play "Happy Birthday" on their Kazoos. We had a delicious lunch and much laughter and visiting as always.

Then, it was time for the Queen to open gifts which she really wasn't anticipating. One gift in particular was a bound book of photographs titled "Red Hat Fun" and underneath "New Mexico Roadrunner Chapter" with a photo on the front of several of us including Donna Williams who was my Vice Queen who is now a Red Hat Angel.

There is also a photo on the back of the book depicting the cast in a play I wrote titled "The Colors of Living Life" about an imaginary Red Hat Chapter. They were joined in the photo by actual Red Hatters who were in attendance at the Rohovec Theatre located on the New Mexico State University-Alamogordo campus where the play was performed. There are just so many memories in this lovely book to cherish! It was created by member Trudy Reese especially for my birthday.

Queen Ladybird in her birthday regalia (we reverse our colors on our birthday month)
From the back on the right: Florence Dean, her friend and guest, Ann Smith, Jean Courtier, Margie Purcella and Rosanna Heath
Rosanna and Vice Queen Alice Evans
L to R on the right: Gail Swineford, Karen Townsend, Dorothy Edwards, Kimberly Gugliotta, guest Jan Bond and Nadia Sikes  Note: Jan Bond is about to become our newest chapter member Red Hatter! Whoopee!
L to R: Carmen Veenpere, Trudy Reese and Gail (our Royal Scribble)
Our wonderful waitress, Kim, was kind enough to take this shot of the whole table
When I got home, I arranged everything on my dining room table and took a shot of all of my lovely gifts plus I received bouquets of flowers from my children.

What a haul!! I am so grateful to everyone for making this such a fabulous Birthday!
Thanks to Doug for taking my close up before I left for the party and thanks to Kim for the shot of the whole party.

I like to celebrate all month so if anyone has any great ideas just call me and we'll get it going! Hugs

This is all I have to say for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment