Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cataract Surgery, Swallows, Weatherford Democrat Reception

June 17, 2010

It has been a busy week so far. I continue to write about Cherokee Wanderings and find I must do more research as I go along. On Wednesday, June 16th, we drove into Ft. Worth where I underwent cataract surgery on my right eye. Needless to say, the rest of the day was spent in lala land. I'm so thankful I only have two eyes because I am now whole again and am seeing very well.


The swallows continue to grow and develop and the parents are a constant threat when we try to photograph their children. Perhaps they feel we should have signed a modeling contract first. They look like cartoon characters at first, but become absolutely beautiful as they mature. Stay tuned.



Doug and I attended a reception for Margarita Venegas, new editor of the Weatherford Democrat newspaper. Shown above is myself with Margarita on the right. She is a native of Weatherford, but comes to us by way of New Jersey. She appears to be a very bright young woman and we believe she will give this newspaper a much needed new horizon to shoot for. The publisher, Steve Boggs, graciously took Doug on a behind the scenes tour into the printing press room, which Doug thoroughly enjoyed. Welcome, Margarita. Make us proud!

This is all I have to say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment