Monday, June 2, 2014

Luncheon Visitor from Tucson, AZ

May 22, 2014

My friend, Kimberly Gugliotta, came to Cloudcroft, NM with her husband to do some work on their "park model". They currently live in Tucson, Arizona and are looking forward to retiring in Cloudcroft.

Kimberly is a sister Red Hat Queen whom I met when I first moved to Alamogordo, New Mexico two years ago. She was living in Cloudcroft at the time.

We settled on getting together at the beautiful hotel and restaurant "The Lodge" in Cloudcroft for lunch. The food in their restaurant is excellent and the view is marvelous. The Lodge is situated in the Sacramento Mountains and the Lincoln National Forest.

We dined and talked for three hours, not realizing that we were keeping the servers there long past lunch time and their time to go home. The servers were charming and non-complaining and brought my to go containers. I planned on visiting my Red Hat VQ Penny on my way home. She lives in another mountain village, High Rolls, further down the mountain and nearer to Alamogordo and I wanted to take food by for her as she had been ill. I also ordered food for my husband.

Our luncheon and visit was so relaxed and enjoyable. We talked about children, grandchildren, husbands (current and past), Red Hat events, world events, you name it and we probably discussed it. It had been such a long time when we had been able to just sit and visit and enjoy the ambiance as we did that day. Life is so hurried nowadays and this was such an excellent slow down for both of us.

Kimberly and Carla at The Lodge
One of the waitresses was kind enough to snap this photo using Kimberly's cell phone.

This is all I have to say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment