Thursday, September 19, 2013

Woodhouse's Scrub Jay

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I looked out our patio doors yesterday and saw a pair of beautifully colored birds, blue, gray and white. My husband, Doug was able to track down their identity from the pictures I took of them. They were quite happy hopping around under the weeping willow (more of a bush than a tree) and gobbling up the bird seed.

They are called Woodhouse's Scrub Jay (Aphelocoma Californica/Woodhouseii Woodhouseii).

Is this not the sweetest little face you've ever seen?
This one chose to stay among the branches
Time for a refreshing drink of water
I am always on the lookout for new birds visiting our birdbath and bird feeder. The hummers have flown south for the winter so won't see them again until late February next year.

This is all I have to say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment