Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Red Hat Luncheon, Book Signing, Opal's Husband


Wednesday, March 30, 2011
I've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger since we last communicated as you will see.

March 23, 2011, a large group from Wild West Women of Weatherford Red Hat Chapter gathered at The Olive Garden in Weatherford, Texas for a scrumptious lunch while visiting and getting acquainted with four prospective members.
Everyone was really decked out in their red hat finery and it made for some excellent photos. It's not easy getting good photos of Red Hatters because they are having so much fun talking and gesturing that you just have to ask them to freeze in place for the picture to work.
I think we have a beautiful group of ladies in our chapter and they are just as nice as they are pretty.
________________________________

March 26, 2011 I held a book signing at The Copper Pumpkin, 1713 Bethel Road in Weatherford, Texas. The book, "The Cherokee Advantage", is my memoir of surviving in an extremely dysfunctional family and finally, at sixteen, being reunited with my Cherokee grandparents after being kidnapped from them by my misguided mother when I was four years old.
One lady, who bought three books made an interesting statement. Her sons are half Cherokee and were born in Oklahoma as was I. She said, "I don't think your degree of Indian blood matters because I'm convinced that it's your state of mind regarding your Indian heritage that matters most."
Darlene, owner of The Copper Pumpkin, had everything set up beautifully and served punch and cookies. She laughingly remarked about said cookies, "I stayed up all night baking these!"
By the way, "The Cherokee Advantage" may be ordered directly from lulu.com or from cckerr@att.net, if you want an autographed copy. I write under my maiden name, C. C. Crittenden.

Thanks to my dear husband, Doug, for being my photographer, as usual.
_________________________________

On March 27, 2011 Doug and I along with our friend, Barbara Farley, enjoyed lunch at the Whistle Hill Cafe in Weatherford, Texas after which we drove to Theater Off The Square (TOTS) to see "Opal's Husband" written by John Patrick and capably directed by Kay Huse.
This is a comedy and Joyce Eckstein, who plays the role of Opal Kronkie, gives an excellent performance as do the rest of the cast. Jerry Hall as Captain Mooney is a riot too. You really need to make time in your life to go see this play.

Play dates left are April 1 and 2 at 8:00 p.m. and Sunday, April 3 at 2:00 p.m. TOTS is located at 114 North Denton just off highway 180 in Weatherford.

As you can see, I got to be in "pictures" with members of the cast because my personal photographer (Doug) was there!

This is all I have to say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment