Saturday, September 25, 2010

Frog Tale, Game Daze PCWNC


Saturday, September 25, 2010
I picked up the large trash receptacle on the patio and here sat this amazing little frog. For obvious reasons, I name him "Camo Frog". I just love my nature run ins. Hope you enjoy my sharing them with you.

Right this moment we are waiting for the rain to let up so we can go to the Parker County Quilt Show. This is always so interesting and it is astounding the amount of talent that abounds in Parker County. Hope to come back to you later with some wonderful observations on this years show.

On Friday, September 24th I attended the Women's and Newcomers' Game Daze event hosted by Jan Barrow in her lovely home. We had a large turnout with several visitors. We played Farkle, Polish Rummy and Mexican Train. We always bring a covered dish to this event and the food was delicious. I took "Firecrackers" and several wanted the recipe. It is just so simple to make. We have a lovely gift shop here in Weatherford called The Copper Pumpkin and they carry these packets of spices called "Firecrackers". It takes one package with 1/2 cup Canola oil to coat 60 saltine crackers. It's best to leave them set overnight and serve them with whipped cream cheese as a spread.

Our new chair of Game Daze is Marcy Brooks and she is doing a fine job. Not only was she right there helping the hostess, but she also kicked off the event with a fun game to help everyone get better acquainted. Kudos to Marcy. You've started us off very well.

This is all I have to say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment