Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010


Wednesday, December 1, 2010
My photographer got an energy surge and I now have photos from the great Thanksgiving family gathering so I can finish up the November events.


We had a total of 30 people invited and due to other plans we actually had 20 here to dine. The menu along with turkey, cranberry/Italian sausage dressing, giblet gravy, mashed potatoes and home made cranberry relish included green bean casserole, salad and double layer pumpkin pie. We also had hot wassail, which the young people always look forward to drinking. I made 14 pies so that each family could take one home with them.


Last year, I was bored with making these pumpkin pies and decided to change it up a bit. I'll not do this again. The grandchildren were all set with their mouths watering for that double layer pumpkin pie and were deeply disappointed. They went home happy this Thanksgiving.


The twins, Ashton and Landon, just about slept through the whole affair. Even the yelling when we watched the Cowboys lose another one didn't seem to phase them. Needless to say, the twins were the stars of the show anyway.


We are indeed blessed with such a beautifully blended and extended family. As I said in an earlier blog, we are temporarily out of the baby making business, but I hear the faint sounds of wedding bells in the near future or, is this my overactive imagination taking over??

This is all I have to say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment