Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ailing, Decorated High Heel Cookies




Wednesday, September 22, 2010
I know all of you probably think I've gone away forever, but not true. I have been laid low by a horrendous sinus infection and am just today finally feeling human again after taking antibiotics, prednisone and cough syrup followed by many hours of sleep. Living proof you can't keep a good woman down for long.








While shopping in San Diego at the International Red Hat Convention, I spotted a high heel cookie cutter about 7-1/2 inches tall with a recipe attached. Remembering that our womens club here in Weatherford started the year with a new theme "Stepping Out" which is all about shoes (our president is as big a shoe nut as I am) and putting our best foot forward, I had a brainstorm and bought the cookie cutter.



This brainstorm led to the creation of eight dozen decorated high heel sugar cookies, one for each attendee at our regular September luncheon. If I had realized the enormity of individually decorating this many cookies, I probably would never have started the project. In the beginning were the cookie crumbles, of which Doug happily scarfed down. Once I overcame this problem, after decorating the cookies and allowing them to set and dry, when I began placing them in the cellophane bags every third or fourth cookie would crack. After Doug ate several of these, I determined it was too late to start over and cracked or not, the cookies would be served at the meeting. I termed this Carla's Cracked Cookie Caper. It is, after all the thought that counts!!


Doug was kind enough to photograph the whole procedure which, by the way, took about ten days to complete.

This is all I have to say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment