Sunday, December 27, 2015

Some Holiday Events Around Alamogordo, New Mexico Part III

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Michael Bryson Hillis Mowery hosted a fabulous Christmas party at his home in Alamogordo, New Mexico for numerous guests. The comments began the moment party goers spotted the front window with the upside down tree of many colors. It was purple when I first saw it and I wanted it to stay that way, but, alas, the light changed and it became red, then blue, then yellow! It truly was like walking into a Christmas Wonderland.

I counted no less than 76 Christmas trees of one description or another in his home. One wonderfully pink, frilly tree was decorated with no less than seven 500' rolls of curling ribbon. Just beautiful. The aquarium became a snowmanquarium (my made up word) because their were many snowmen in it along with more Christmas trees and lights. There were Christmas trees of every color and theme one could think of, all created by Michael. He must have started decorating in October to accomplish this magical scene for a party.

I mustn't forget his laden dining table of delicious food, so many different treats that I never got around to all of them. There were various delectable cheeses, crackers, superb dips, a Brie fresh out of the oven, unbelievable melt-in-your-mouth cookies, candies, ham roll-ups, fresh fruit and vegetables, sliced meats and I know there is more, but my memory fails me. Of course, various beverages were available to be enjoyed.

This is the tree decorated with curling ribbon

The upside down tree changing colors, a pink floral one and a traditional green tree
The Snowmanquarium
Michael's brother, just plain Mo
Some of the guests in the kitchen
The host, Michael Bryson Hillis Mowery
More guests in awe of the decorations
Mo's wife, Kelly
Michael's step-mom and his father
L to R: Michael, his niece, Mo, and Monica Helm
Monica who just finished the play "The Fox on the Fairway" with Michael as her co-star
It was a lovely holiday party and I don't believe I've ever been to one more decorated than this. Michael is a wonderful host and a really fun person. Thanks for doing this Michael. I'm already looking forward to next year to see what you create for the season.

Thanks to Douglas A. Kerr, Photography for taking all the great pictures. Hope you remember to take at least one of me next time! lol

This is all I have to say for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment