Friday, July 4, 2014

Alamogordo, NM 4th of July Parade

Friday, July 4, 2014

Stephanie DuBois, a resident of Tularosa, New Mexico, is running for Otero County Commissioner of District 2 and had a spot in the July 4th Parade in Alamagordo. I'm not in her district so I can't vote for her, but wanted to show my support by marching in the parade. Chris Jones, another loyal Democrat also joined us marching and handing out candy to the children.

Stephanie's father, 93 years young Stephen DuBois who is a Pearl Harbor Survivor, rode along in the decorated van with her.

I have no idea how many units were in the parade, but from my point of view, it looked fairly long and there were many families along the parade route waving small American flags and applauding. It was a great parade for a town the size of Alamogordo.

L to R: Carla Kerr, Stephanie DuBois and Chris Jones

Dungan Fire Department and they do love serenading everyone with their sirens and bells
Stephanie and Carla decorating the van
These must be the most patient horses in the world-look at all that paint!
Another shot of the horses-they were really quite beautiful
There was a huge contingent of bikers in patriotic decor
This is a particularly spectacular arrangement
A shot of our decorating skill
Adorable girl with her mother waiting for the parade to start
Stephanie just couldn't resist putting this sign on the back!
One of many old cars in the parade
I'm ready to roll with my bag of candy
The parade is moving out
We have limited photos this year because my darling Doug was not feeling well and I am just thankful he came long enough to take these shots.

Later in the evening, we sat on our front sidewalk and watched the official fireworks display at the New Mexico Museum of Space History which is about two miles from us and our house is at about the same elevation so this is a perfect spot to view the display. The fireworks were beautiful.

This is all I have to say for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment